Monday 30 January 2017

Grave of the Fireflies Review

When I was young, I know this movie is very popular and it will make you cry when you watched it. I watched it when I was young, I remember I didn't cry that time. After more than a decade , I have decided to watch this movie again.

  The pacing of the movie is ok but there are some scene that notoriously drag way to long. It reminds me of Quentin Tarantino movies. Other than that, I felt that the spoiler give away in the beginning is bad. It shouldn't tell me how they will end up, however I didn't know his sister will die even it was very obviously hinted in the beginning.

  The movie is about brother and sister trying to survive during war era. I did cry a bit, this is the one of a very few movie that I have cried when watching it. So I decided to review it. The film makes the two protagonist lovable and real. So we do really care about them and sad when watching them die.The movie also cut from scene to scene, I felt that there are some shot being cut and thus leaving so part slightly confusing. Overall I recommend this movie, but feel free to skip forward during some drag on scene.

7.5 /10

Pro:
Great character
bold decision ending

Con:
bad pacing
not much story

No comments:

Post a Comment