Wednesday 21 January 2015

Top Ten Movies of 2014

I am going to start off this blog by giving the top ten movies of 2014 since I am a big fan of movies and trust me , I watched countless of movies.  The list will be according to the release date 
of the movie. I am going to keep it short and readable.

1. The Lego Movie
Awww it is a kid movie and it must lame. Before I watched the movie, I also have the same idea that this movie is going to be crap. However it really surprise me that the movie is beyond good.  It has similar ending to toy story 3. The animation is brilliant. There are also many lego characters appeared in the movie like batman, superman and star wars.

2. Captian America 2 - The Winter Soilder
You saw this coming, don't you? We lived in and era where Marvel rules the cinema, maybe a bit exaggerating. A movie about superhero but don't really have superpowers in it. The movie feels like a spy movie than a superhero movie. It has the most badass and memorable villain in marvel movies. The actions are fun to watch, no over cg or camera shake to confuse you.
3. The Amazing Spiderman 2
WTF Are you crazy? Nope, I am not. Please listen to my reasoning before you continue cursing. The so much hate is actually the trailer fault because it shows to much of the action scene. I know the movie is suck and should not in the top ten list but it is a enjoyable movie for all ages. The movie is not boring and there is a lot of drama going on , especially the relationship between Peter and Glenn. My compliant is not enough intense action in it. Alright maybe I am wrong but I still recommend this movie to those who haven't seen it.

4. Godzilla 2014
I love this movie because I love Godzilla. Ok I admit I am bias here. The reason to see this movie is if you love giant monster that destroy cities. Only complaint is if there is more Godzilla scenes in that movie. I won't talk much about the movie is because if you hate the idea of giant monster than you are not going to like it!

5. X Men : Days of the Future Past
I am not a fan of X men in the past. I began to like X men more when watching X Men the first class. In this movie there are cast from X Men First Class, they are all stunning actors and actress. This movie is story/plot driven and my complaint is no badass fight scene.Recommend to those who have watch previous X men before or at least some knowledge about Xmen, or else you will be confuse.

6. 22 Jump Street
Best comedy of the year. Awesome chemistry between the two lead actors. It's a police drama on two undercover detectives be college students.

7. Transformers 4 Edge of Extinction
 Yes, that tons of explosive, product placement, racist , bad humor, ridiculous story and many more negatives things to say movie produce by none other than Michael Bay again. Actions and explosion is still enthusiastic to watch. You got to give credits to those who make those CGI and also the hard in those explosion stunt. You rather watch Transformers than Fault  in our Stars, am I right?

8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
It is just nostalgia. Nothing beats our childhood.

9. Interstellar
About space travel and something to do about blackhole, space and time. The thing that attracts me the most is the father and daughter relationship. My father went oversea to work at some point of time, so I could feel much more than others in this movie.

10. The Hobbit the Battle of Five Armies
I am a huge lord of the ring fans. This movie has epic war battle, one of the best in this year or two. However I am quite disappointed about the movie but that story is for another day.

Honorable mentions Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, guardian of the galaxy, edge of tomorrow and how to train your dragon 2.

Hope you have an enjoyable movie screening time!


No comments:

Post a Comment